Kingdom comes in Lebanon - in Monasteries (part 1)

just got back from a 6 day adventure in Lebanon and saw God's Kingdom break into the lives of people on many occasions in many places.  I will share some of the highlights in this and the following blog posts.

I've been visiting monasteries for the past few years.  In one of the monasteries, Isaac of Ninevah and I got to meet the abbot who oversees some of the monks I ministered to a couple of years ago when they were in another monastery.  While we were sitting with him, talking about the things of the Holy Spirit, I got a word of knowledge for a neck/shoulder problem.  He had the problem, we prayed and he was healed.  Then he wanted to know how I knew so we got to talk about words of knowledge and healing for a while.

When one of the monks who had had a powerful encounter with the Holy Spirit was sitting with us, he also got to share with his abbot about the encounter.  The abbot was quite open and interested in the experience.

My vision would be that as long as monks are gathering in monasteries to fast, pray and live lives of austerity that they would be having amazing encounters with God.

Also, while at the same monastery, we got to pray for people in the gift shop after Isaac of Ninevah and I got some words of knowledge.  Got to minister to a couple of people there.  They were very interested in knowing more about the word of knowledge and how God reveals what needs to be healed.


Comments