taking healing to the streets again

I’ll have to be honest – it had been a while since I’d intentionally gone out in the streets to see God’s Kingdom released. We’ve been doing a lot of Church meetings, which have been great, but my favorite place to “do the stuff” is out and about – and it was especially good to do so after not seeing breakthrough the night before.

Here are a few things that happened:

We got to pray for a girl who said she was into “shamanism”. We prayed for her back and she said it felt better after prayer.

While walking through a department store, a specific word of knowledge came to me about an injury to someone’s back in a particular part of the back. I quickly looked around to see who the Lord would ‘highlight’ for me and He directed us to a woman. When I asked her if she had the condition in that part of her back (I pointed), she looked very nervous and then asked the famous question, “How did you know that?” I gave her a quick explanation and she let us pray. The Holy Spirit began to come upon her back and as we left her, her back was tingling. I explained to her that when that sensation stops, that her back will be healed.

After leaving the store, a young couple approached us and I got another word of knowledge for a should problem. We stopped them and sure enough the man had a problem with his shoulder. We prayed and he was healed. We also got to minister to the woman, and pray that she would be able to carry a gift of healing to a couple of friends of hers.

What about sharing the Gospel? I inevitably get asked this question. In each of these cases, we were able to direct all of these people to a local Church. They had encountered the power of God’s Kingdom, and we were able to encourage them. In the case of the girl into ‘shamanism’, we were able to go back and give her some information about the Church.

Guess what happened to me personally through our time on the streets? I forgot all about what had ‘not happened’ the night before, got refocused upon what God ‘was now doing’ and just got massively encouraged.

Something else happened through all of this – that will be my next blog post.

Comments