God releases identity and breaks addictions

During the youth conference we were ministering at this past week there was a girl who was dealing heavily with depression. In fact many of the youths we have met here in the Arctic circle struggle with depression, suicide and cutting themselves. At one of the meetings my wife was speaking on identity, and how God made us all unique because we each reflect a different aspect of God that know one else does. We then went around the room and had to say two things that we loved about ourselves. This was a hard exercise for most, but this one girl in the back completely refused to participate. After we had gone through everyone (about 30 youths) we began to prophesy over them from the front. I began to tell the girl that she carried a lot of love and that she was good with people because she cared about them and could find ways to call out the gold. I also saw that she was diligent and studious and liked to always do her best in everything she did.

Over the next few days this girl began to open up to me. She told me that she loves to write and that she likes everything to be done well. She also shared with me her love for others. She even told me that she had gone out for a cigarette, and as she went to light it she became disgusted and threw it on the ground! That was awesome! You could see that when she was herself she was actually a very happy, joyful person that was fun to be around when she was not being tormented by the lies of the enemy. One of the first things the enemy does to try and stop us from living an abundant life of freedom is to question our self worth. I have dealt with much of this in my own life and it is not very fun. A free person is a joyful person, and a joyful person is an effective and fruitful person.

Comments

  1. This is awesome! I love what you guys are about!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment