Disbelief and Shooba

I was a part of an inner city ministry recently and we were out and about signing kids up for a day camp one of the local churches was hosting. As we approached one of the apartments, I got this pain in my head so I asked the lady nearest if she had a headache and she kind of hedged and then nodded. I told her that God would heal her if she would let me pray for her. She laughed and said no, but signed her kids up anyway.

From there, we went to another apartment where we were able to pray for one lady and as we were praying for her, I got a word in my left foot and asked if she had a problem. She said no. I asked her if another person in the house had it. She called back in and another lady came out with her left foot in a bandage. She allowed us to pray and after a few times said the pain was much better. She also wanted prayer for her heart condition as well.

After praying for this family for about 15 minutes, we started back and at this point the first lady with headaches called for me to come over. She asked me if I had a gift of some kind and told her that the Lord gives the gift of healing. I asked her again if I could pray for her and she allowed me. At the same time there was a guy on a nearby doorstep who was laughing at the idea that prayer could heal a headache. I went ahead and prayed for her and the headache left. At this point, I had his attention and the Lord dropped a lengthy word for him into my heart, so I looked into his eyes and let loose. As I was talking, his eyes softened and he started nodding. As we left, he thanked me.

Comments